We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's time to wrap dinner up
These Chicken and Poblano Enchiladas with Pumpkin-Chipotle Sauce have a filling that's smoky and slightly sweet, a dish the whole family will love.
Enchiladas are a great option for busy weeknights — as long as you have tortillas and a few basic pantry ingredients, you're in the game. But you can make them really exciting in a number of ways. Customize the fillings by using a variety of meats (maybe even some of that leftover grilled chicken from the night before), vegetables (grilled poblano peppers, anyone?), and fresh herbs and spices. To help speed you on your way, look for jarred enchilada sauce in the international food aisle at the grocery store. And to up the health quotient, use whole-wheat tortillas instead of flour or corn for that extra boost in fiber.
Click here to see the 7 Easy Enchilada Recipes for Busy Weeknights (Slideshow)
So, if you're ready to wrap dinner up, check out the highlights below:
- Executive editor Arthur Bovino shares a recipe for chicken enchiladas with a roasted tomatillo salsa that's absolutely delicious. Click here to see Angie's Enchiladas Verdes.
- For a great vegetarian option, try Lindsay Nixon's Smoky Black Bean Enchiladas. Nixon is the author of The Happy Herbivore.
- And Cat Cora offers a twist on a classic with her Healthy Enchilada Pie.
For more great recipes, be sure to check out the slideshow.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Lazy Dinner Recipes For Busy Weeknights
The 50 Laziest Dinner Recipes In The Universe Purewow
23 Crock Pot Meals For Busy Weeknights No Guilt Mom
7 Sheet Pan Recipes Mydomaine S Managing Editor Swears By
13 Single People Share Their Lazy Dinner Recipes On Reddit
100 Lazy Dinner Recipes For Busy Weeknights
19 Dump And Go Slow Cooker Recipes Crock Pot Dump Meals
Monika S Molecular Meals Italian Keto Chicken Dinner Two Ways
31 Quick Ground Beef Recipes Easy Family Friendly
Busy Weeknight Bean Chili
A Delicious Collection Of Dinner Recipes Perfect For Busy
60 Easy Weeknight Dinners You Ll Want To Make Tonight
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
Prep Protein And Veggies To Make Keto Meals For Busy Weeknights
11 Quick Recipes For Dinner From All Over The Globe Easy
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni 4 Sons R Us
100 Lazy Dinner Recipes For Busy Weeknights
9 Quick And Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes Top Chefs Love
35 Romantic Dinner Ideas For Two
The Secret To Weeknight Cooking Comes With A Plan Star Tribune
9 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes For Lazy People
Backpocket Low Carb Dinners For Busy Weeknights Clean Plates
Chicken Stroganoff 30 Minute One Pot Meal The Chunky Chef
Weeknight Dinner Recipes That Busy Women Actually Cook
Lazy Keto Meals That Are Perfect For Busy Weeknights
/> 15 Quick And Easy Dinners For Busy Dads
4 Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna
The 50 Laziest Dinner Recipes In The Universe Purewow
/> Dinner In A Flash 5 Easy Recipes For Busy Weeknights Food
Save Your Sanity With These Eighteen 30 Minute Mexican
Tips for Easy Dinner Recipes
- Have a plan! Dinner becomes even easier when you know ahead of time what you&rsquore going to make.
- Grocery shop with intent. Once you have a plan, make sure you have any necessary items on your weekly list so you don&rsquot need to run to the store last minute.
- Do the chopping ahead of time! Chopped vegetables will be fine in the fridge for 3-7 days, depending on the vegetable.
- Prepare what you can in advance &ndash if there are multi steps to the recipe, do what you can a day or two before. For example, rice can be made ahead of time.
Click HERE to save these Easy Dinner Recipes to Pinterest!
25 Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights
Getting a homecooked meal on the table doesn’t have to be hard. These 25 Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights are delicious and always a hit with the family!
I don’t know about you, but at my house, easy dinner ideas are a life saver…especially during the week. Between soccer and band rehearsals I don’t always have lots of time or energy for dinner. Luckily these easy dinners have my needs in mind!
There are sheet pan and one-pot meals for easy cleanup. 30 minute and even 20 minutes or less meals for when you’re really in a rush and want to get a homecooked meal on the table! These 25 Easy Dinner Recipe for Busy Weeknights are must-haves for your recipe box!!
25 EASY DINNER RECIPES FOR BUSY WEEKNIGHTS
Love these recipes? Pin them to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These one-pot easy dinner recipes are big on flavor and have next to no clean up! Who doesn’t love that one a busy weeknight? I know I do! These dinners all get an A+ in my book!
- – Full of Asian flavors your family will love and so easy to make! – Hearty and delicious! Great with a slice of crusty bread or served up in a bread bowl!
- One Pot Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta with Peas – A great way to get your family eating more veggies and loving it! – Make it on the stove top or over your grill for an easy one pan dinner! – Italian night just got even more delicious with this recipe mash up!
I love set-and-forget dinners and these easy sheet pan dinner recipes cook everything at once for a meal your family will request again and again!
- – Simple and delicious, this dinner is in regular rotation at my house! – Mexican food night has never been so easy…or so tasty! Just add tortillas and some refried beans! – An all-in-one meal that’ll have everyone asking for seconds…because bacon makes everything better! – Super easy to make and a hearty dinner the whole family will love! This is also one of my favorite game day recipes for feeding a crowd! – Simple ingredients done right for a fantastic meal that’ll become part of your regular dinner rotation!
My cast iron skillet is one of my favorite kitchen tools and with good reason! These skillet dinners come together in a snap and taste oh so good!
- – All my favorite flavors in one easy to make dinner! Just add rice and you’ve got dinner! – Comfort food at it’s finest! We serve ours with mashed potatoes and green beans for the best Sunday supper! – Even better than takeout and crazy easy to make! You’ll never go out for orange chicken again! – Apples and pork chops are best friends and this dinner recipe proves it! Serve along with your favorite sides for a total mom win! – My kids go crazy for this easy dinner idea everytime I make it! What kid doesn’t love sloppy joes & tater tots?!
Need to get dinner on the table in a hurry? These 20 minute or less recipes are the answer! Flavorful and easy to make, they’ll save the day.
- – I will never ever get tired of this recipe! It’s ready in minutes and tastes amazing!! – Lots of bold flavors that are sure to satisfy and there are never leftovers! – Super fast and super tasty! Serve this chicken over rice or with vegetable stir fry! – Completely worth the mess! Grab a fork and knife or brave a bite with your hands! – So comforting at the end of a long day! I could eat this soup for lunch or dinner all week long!
Some nights I don’t feel like slaving over the stove for hours. Thank goodness for these 30 mins or less dinners that will leave everyone asking for seconds!
- – I love the colors in this recipe!! – Better than your local restaurant and ready in about 20 minutes! – I love finding new ways to use chicken! – Easy dinners are the best and this one can be customized with everyone’s favorite toppings! – This sauce makes me weak in the knees!
Our Favorite Tools to Make These Easy Dinner Recipes
- : This is my favorite set of pots & pans. There’s a size for all of my kitchen needs and I love the glass lids so I can keep ay eye on our food! : A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs. : A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking. : A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze. : This cast iron skillet is one of my most treasured pieces of cookware. I’ve had mine for years and make everything from breakfast to dinner and dessert in it! : This dutch oven is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
How to prepare chicken for enchiladas
I use Organic chicken thighs in this recipe. I find they have more flavour and work better than a chicken breast. And they’re cheaper. Always good.
I also like to cook everything in one pan, such is my dislike of cleaning up the kitchen, I mean really, you can do this in one pan, and save on washing up and cleaning up time :)
There’s not a huge amount of prep work to do with the chicken in this recipe, other than skinning it and cutting it into strips. Personally, I go for hunky chunky strips when I’m doing this, but you can go smaller.
Little kids and toddlers might prefer the small bit size strips. Totally up to you, you know your family!
One of the biggest annoyances of making enchiladas is having your tortillas break when trying to roll and place into your pan. To PREVENT this, take small batches of about 8 tortillas and microwave for 1 minute, until nice and hot. Having hot tortillas is KEY to prevent breaking while rolling.
One mistake many will make is overstuffing each enchilada. This will cause the tortillas to break and it&rsquos just not necessary. Place a small amount of shredded chicken and cheese into center of tortilla and carefully roll into a nice tight roll.
Easy Dinner Recipes For Your Family Because Life Keeps You Busy
Okay, raise your hand if you’re more than a little tired of hearing “Mom, what’s for dinner?” If I could raise both hands and legs, I would. This is probably my least favorite question from my children ever. It comes from being tired at the end of a long day and honestly running out of ideas. So after dealing with this issue for more than a few nights, I decided to take the matter into my own hands. I’ve gathered up some of the best (and easy!) dinner recipes for your family because I know you’re busy, and I also know you deserve a break! Whether you’re a working mom or a stay at home mom, life can get crazy! Hopefully some of these easy dinner recipes for your family will help take the crazy out of dinnertime.
How to Meal Plan (the easy way)
A Note on How We Meal Plan: Plan out your family meals at the beginning of each week based on the groceries you buy and what you already have in your pantry, fridge, and freezer. I try to jot down a menu – typically on my desktop post-it note or on my calendar (that I sync to my iPhone). Having a rough idea of what I’ll be making each night helps to alleviate the typical stress and pressure of what to make for dinner, reminds me, for example, to take the chicken out of the freezer, etc., and keeps me from frantically ordering more expensive takeout when I feel like I can’t figure out what to make for dinner.
Remember, the meal plan list is flexible, but it’s SUCH a huge help to have a general working idea and order to things. Most weeks, the meals are super simple, no-fuss recipes, with at least one or two slow cooker meals peppered in, and we have a lot of repeat favorites from week to week and month to month but everyone is always really happy to have a yummy homemade dinner on the table.
This is an easy dish to customize based on your personal preferences. As written, I use ground beef, black beans, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas and shredded cheddar. Just five basic ingredients, you probably already have on hand. But you could switch up and use ground turkey, pinto beans or shredded pepper jack if you want to add a little extra kick.
I prefer making my ground beef enchiladas with corn tortillas, but you can substitute flour tortillas if desired. Just note that the consistency won’t be the same.
If using ground beef, I recommend buying 85 or 90% lean. That way, there’s enough fat that the beef won’t be dry, but there’s not so much that you’ll wind up with a greasy beef enchilada skillet.
15 Best Easy Weeknight Mexican Recipes
It’s no surprise that Mexican food is a favorite around here. After all, we grew up in Los Angeles our entire childhood! So here it is: my top 15 Mexican favorites – dishes that I make at least once a month!
1. One Pan Mexican Quinoa – Wonderfully light, healthy and nutritious. And it is so easy to make – even the quinoa is cooked right in the pan. [GET THE RECIPE.]
2. Enchilada Pasta – All the flavors of cheesy enchiladas are tossed together in this quick and easy pasta dish. [GET THE RECIPE.]
3. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing – A tex-mex style salad with an incredibly creamy Greek yogurt cilantro dressing. [GET THE RECIPE.]
4. Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers – These stuffed bell peppers will provide the nutrition that you need for a healthy, balanced meal. [GET THE RECIPE.]
5. Beef Enchiladas – Loaded with a simple and hearty crumbled beef filling, these cheesy enchiladas will be on your dinner table in no time. [GET THE RECIPE.]
6. Mexican Rice – Restaurant-style Mexican rice can easily be made right at home, and it tastes a million times better too. [GET THE RECIPE.]
7. Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet – The easiest enchiladas you will ever make. No rolling, no folding. Just throw everything into a skillet and you’re set. [GET THE RECIPE.]
8. Taco Salad – All the flavors of a taco in a healthy salad with a refreshing, tangy lime vinaigrette. [GET THE RECIPE.]
9. Easy Taco Pie – The easiest, cheesiest pie you will ever make in a single skillet in just 30 min – perfect for those busy weeknights and picky eaters. [GET THE RECIPE.]
10. One Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta – This Mexican-inspired pasta dish can be made in 30 minutes or less in a single pan. You can’t beat that. [GET THE RECIPE.]
11. Chicken Enchilada Skillet – An inside-out enchilada skillet made in less than 30 minutes. [GET THE RECIPE.]
12. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – The easiest carnitas you will ever make in the crockpot, cooked low and slow for the most amazing fall-apart tender goodness. [GET THE RECIPE.]
13. Easy Burrito Bowls – Skip Chipotle and try these burrito bowls right at home. It’s easier, healthier and 10000x tastier. [GET THE RECIPE.]
14. White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce – These enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make. It’s so good, you’ll want to guzzle it down. [GET THE RECIPE.]
15. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – A lightened-up, healthy enchilada bake chockfull of quinoa, black beans and cheesy goodness. [GET THE RECIPE.]