We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For the dough, put all the ingredients in the bread machine and set it to kneaded and leavened. Meanwhile, the syrup is made. Put water and sugar on the fire and let it boil for a while, more precisely until the sugar melts, then let it cool.
Mix the walnut with the sugar, put the mixture in a tray / tray, in which there is enough space for the rolls of the forms.
After the dough has risen, spread it on a plate sprinkled with flour in a sheet of about 1 cm, which is cut into strips about 2 cm wide.
Grease the molds with a little margarine and wrap the dough strip in a spiral. Spread the dough spiral with syrup then pass through the walnut sugar.
Place the shapes in a tray lined with baking paper, leaving little space between them. Put in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Leave to cool, then twist slightly to remove from the molds.
Nature walk, Szekler cake and relaxing massage. Here are some reasons why Sovata is one of the best places to spend a city break:
1 - Sovata invites you to walk and hike. Did you know that this resort is crossed by 8 consecrated routes of Mount Gurghiu? And the most popular of these is the one that surrounds all the lakes of the resort? So, if you want to exercise and explore a unique area, you can take a relaxing walk to Salt Mountain, Saca Hill or Cherry Peak. You will see how the wooded hills and the waters you will pass through will work as a sedative for the mind, body and soul.
2 - In Sovata you eat the best Kurtos Kalacs in Romania
Fresh and fragrant, the Kurtos Kalacs here are a real delight for tourists who love Szekler dishes. Fluffy, fragrant, crunchy or caramelized, this area-specific cake delights even the little ones with its special cinnamon or vanilla taste. Prepared according to old traditions and recipes known only by the locals, you will not find a product of this kind in Romania, therefore if you get here, you have to test it.
3 - La Ensana Health Spa Hotel you get even more relaxation if you try one of the spa therapies. You know very well that massages and rituals have a balancing effect on our bodies and minds, so they are an excellent investment in your well-being. Not only does it provide a feeling of deep relaxation, these forms of therapeutic touch have other immediate health benefits: reducing the level of stress hormones, stimulating neurological and biochemical pathways, activating metabolism and strengthening the immune system. Opt for an individual 50 ′ massage and you will get an optimal state of well-being.
How to prepare trdelník
1. In a larger bowl, mix the soft lard, butter, sugar and egg yolks.
2. In a larger cup prepare your yeast, in lukewarm milk mix a teaspoon of flour and add the crushed yeast, mix finely, cover and leave to rise for about 7 minutes.
3. Add the leavened yeast to the bowl with the butter mixture, add the flour and salt and start kneading. Try to get a thick dough that will not stick. If necessary, you can add a little milk, or if the dough is too thin, add a little flour. Then cover the dough with a kitchen towel and leave to rise for about 60 minutes.
4. After an hour, divide the dough into two equal parts, each of which you make with your hands a snake.
5. Grease the rolling pin with butter, at first press the dough on it, it will stick and start to wrap. When the dough is wrapped on a rolling pin, overlap the end of the "snake" so that the trdelník does not fall apart.
6. Melt a little butter, grease the trdelník with it, which you then roll in the caster sugar mixed with vanilla and cinnamon, possibly with walnuts.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, place the trdelník on a rolling pin on a deep baking tray so that it does not touch the bottom. The dough will swell during baking, so for safety cover the tray with baking paper, so that the trdelník does not stick. Bake for about 20 minutes, until it becomes nice golden-brown, remove from the pan and let cool slightly. Good appetite.
Tip time: If you prefer crispy trdelník, instead of butter, grease them before baking with the mixed egg whites and wrap them in cinnamon or walnuts.
Kurtos-kalacs - the Szekler cake, enjoyed with gusto in Transylvania
Kurtos-kalacs or Szekler cozonac, the heritage of the Szeklers from southeastern Transylvania, but also of the Saxons from Ţara Bârsei, is a type of cozonac that gives color and flavor to all fairs and festivals in Romania.
Surely, you can find it in your area and you can enjoy an incredibly good taste, even when it's not a holiday. And if it doesn't exist, in this article I will show you the recipe and how to prepare it so that you can cook it at any time, at your home.
Cozonac ardelenesc kovasc
For the cake dough:
- 1 kg of flour
- 25 gr yeast
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 1 cup sugar
- lemon peel
- 12 tablespoons oil
For the filling:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 200 gr raisins
- 400 g walnuts.
Method of preparation
Sift the flour, put in the middle 3/4 cube of yeast rubbed with 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon flour. Leave to rise for about 30 minutes. Mix hot milk with sugar and spices. Separately, beat whole eggs.
After the mayonnaise has risen, add the lukewarm milk, the well-beaten eggs, then the lukewarm oil, little by little. Leave to rise for an hour in the basin, until it doubles in volume.
Prepare the filling, mixing all the ingredients cold. Walnuts can be replaced with poppy seeds boiled in milk. Heat the trays well, cover them with oil and flour and put the dough to rise and in the trays for 30 minutes. Put it in the oven after I greased the cozonacs with beaten egg.
One recipe a day / Cozonac Szekler
Preparation: 1. Mix the yeast with the sugar, add the yolks, rum, melted butter, lemon peel, salt, milk and flour. Mix well with a spoon, then knead for 10 minutes and leave to rise. During this time, rub the butter with the sugar until it softens.
|For anointed||For the syrup|
|500 g flour|
2. The leavened dough is given the shape of a rectangle, pressing it by hand, so that it has the same thickness everywhere. Spread in a 3 mm thick rectangular sheet, then grease with butter and sprinkle with coconut. The sheet is cut with a knife into 5 cm wide and 20 cm long strips. Roll each strip.
3. The rolls thus obtained are placed on one of the bases and placed in a tray greased with butter with the part at the base of each roll assembled. Leave it near the heat source for 30 minutes, then place the tray in the oven over medium heat, where it is left for half an hour. In a saucepan over low heat, dissolve the sugar in the milk and bring to a boil for two minutes.
4. When removed from the heat, mix with the vanilla sugar. After the rolls are baked, remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle the cakes with syrup. Then put them back in the oven, where they are left for 10 minutes, to form a glossy glaze on top.
Homemade fluffy cake recipe
Homemade cake, ingredients:
To prepare the tastiest fluffy homemade cake you will need several ingredients. You already have many of them in the pantry, but you will still have to make a few trips for those who will turn the cake into the star of the Christmas table.
For the dough
- 1 kg of flour
- 50 g of yeast
- 200 g sugar
- 5 yolks
- 500 ml of milk
- 200 g butter
- peel from a blade
- peel from an orange
- 1 vanilla essence
For the filling
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 rum essence
- 250 g walnut kernels
- 100 g raisins
- 250 g shit
Fluffy homemade cake, how to prepare:
We start by dissolving the yeast in a little warm milk. Then mix with a tablespoon of sugar and a little flour. Let the mayo rise. Put the flour in a large bowl, add the beaten egg yolks with sugar, mayonnaise, half the amount of milk, lemon peel and orange peel, the essence and start frying. From which milk is added. The milk should be lukewarm, not hot.
Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. While frying, pour melted butter on the bottom of the bowl. Knead vigorously until all the butter is incorporated. Cover with a towel and leave to rise.
Beat the egg whites together with the sugar. Add the cocoa, essence and nuts over the egg whites and the filling is ready.
The dough of the Szekler cake is made of: wheat flour, milk, eggs, yeast, margarine or butter, vanilla sugar, salt, sugar. The dough is left to rise for about half an hour. The syrup is made up of sugar, water and lemon juice or peel. 
The dough is spread on a wooden roll which is pre-greased with oil. The dough is cut into strips and placed on a spiral roll, leaving a small distance between them that will disappear during baking. The thickness of the dough layer is about a finger (1 cm). The Szekler cake is baked in a charcoal burner. The roll is constantly rotated so that the dough browns evenly. The rotation can be done manually but there are also electrical mechanisms. The dough is syruped and sprinkled with sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, coconut, etc. When the powdered sugar has caramelized, the Szekler cake is ready. 
The Saxons usually cut this cake with a large pair of scissors to facilitate its consumption.
In the cuisine of other European countries there are dishes similar to the Szekler cake, such as: